If you know me personally you would know that I have ALWAYS had long hair and I am incredulously lazy when it comes to taking care of my hair. with waist length hair, I don’t even use the conditioner on a regular basis. nor do I comb my hair HAHAHAH. but thank goodness for this hair dye which saves my hair every time I dye it.

wait.

what?

the hair dye saved my hair. you’ve read it right!

so mise en scene’s hairdye is so magical it makes your disgusting tangled hair healthy after dye. it sounds too good to be true? well, it is. I have been recommending my friends who visited Korea to buy this hair dye and people whom are poor like me but wants to dye their long long hair, this is the (WAYYY) cheaper alternative. living in Seoul for the 3rd year now, I’ve tried dozens of hair dyes since I dye my hair almost once a month but I try to reduce it to once every 2 months now. and slowly 3. pfft.

anyways, I had always had a hard time trying to dye my hair back in Malaysia because my hair was so thick but Mise en scene dyes it just like that! plus they have some kind of oil mixture to put into your dye which makes your hair silky and nice after dyeing. it might as well be very strong chemicals but if it made my hair feel better, I guess I’m psychologically convinced that it is the healthiest hair dye among all!

vanilla gold copy

Vanilla Gold. the lightest colour. it isn’t blonde like the picture on the box but it’s pretty light.

mocha latte brown copy

Choco Brown. presumed to be the 2nd darkest colour. came out pretty light as well.

mise en scene

this was Mocha Brown! unlike the picture on the box, it turned out more reddish than yellowish.

CIMG6989 copy

Burgandy. I hated it T_T. some people liked it. but my bath tub was red for at least 2 weeks >_>. and then the colour faded and it became pretty light after.

CIMG6836 copy

faded Choco Brown.

CIMG2783 copy

faded Mocha Brown. it was pretty light even when I first dyed. lighter than the picture on the box. pfft.

139 copy

superrr faded Choco Brown hahaha.

dark choco turn color

Dark Choco Turn Colour. it was almost black. and it was one day after dyeing my hair. the colour was washing out in my shower for around 2-3 weeks as well >_>”. after everything got “washed” I have this beautiful chocolate colour that I’ve always wanted though =3. not sure if it’s because I had a light colour base underneath but I loved it!

PS : you can see the texture of my hair of when I first dyed it and after a few weeks (of non conditioned hair). right after dyeing my hair’s super smooth! =D.

IMG_7051 copyw2

which looks something like this. but even lighter now. slightly to the reddish kind of brown =D.

IMG_6577 copy

the box looks like this! I like to buy mine from Olive Young or LOHB. it’s priced at 13,000won and you can get it at Aritaum and many other places too in Korea. and if you’re lucky, you might come across their 50% sale or their buy 1 free 1 sale =D.

IMG_6580 copy

there are EVERYTHING inside the box. including that amazing cape hahha. remember to put the ampoule and the mixture in!

IMG_6579 copy

it is said to have 96% of satisfaction from its consumers but I rate it 100%!!! okay maybe 99% since the burgandy and dark choco turner washes off =S.

IMG_6578 copy

just leave it on for 30-45 minutes and voila! you’re done! =D. I often watch dramas when I dye my hair and go over the time a little though T_T. not sure if you’re supposed to be doing that haha. but I put it on for about 45-50minutes? well since I have thick hair Sheena told me that if I put it on longer it might dye better =D. but… that was the first time I dyed my hair. Sheena took my hairginity. D=.

so the colours below are.. choco brown, mocha latte brown, raspberry red, apricot orange, vanilla gold and milky ash. I’ve tried everything except for that red and ash. I shall try it next time! I dyed orange the first time I used it but it was.. pretty normal. my favourite is still mocha latte brown and vanilla gold ^^; the dark choco turner and burgandy are new so.. it’s not here. there’s another colour called the urban khaki (greenish ash) where my friend really liked but it doesn’t seem to be around anywhere anymore T_T. I have one at home in Malaysia but I hope it still works after half a year D=.

mise en scene hair dye

and oh! I use mise en scene’s essence, oil, shampoo, conditioner and treatment! (well although I am super lazy and rarely use it during the semester, I use them a lot during my semester break and I am always very happy with the results after every usage!) they are all amazing and the best part of it? all sold in really reasonable prices. I’d shop at Namdaemun for the sampoo and conditioner since they are a LOT cheaper than other places. =D. oh well.

PS : I AM NOT PAID TO WRITE THIS. doing this out of consumer satisfaction and brand loyalty =3.

30 thoughts on “my hair dye secret : mise en scene hair dye.

1. Claire says:

Hi Jamie!
    Does the dye come with a really thick conditioner that you apply after you rinse the dye out? I find that that makes my hair super pretty right after I dye it. It’s probably fine that you leave the dye on for a while, as long as you don’t over-process your ends!

On an unrelated note, do you have Dayre? I just got on there and wrote some stuff, but I just feel like I’m talking to myself… My name is Mmmstapler on there, if you want a friend!

Have a wonderful day!
    Claire

NOPE! hahaha. it isn’t about the treatment pack, it is literally the hair dye. they include some oil for it I guess which makes your hair feel soft right after you dye. even if you don’t use the treatment pack given. I don’t =(. follow me on instagram instead : jamieliewdotcom

2. calisc says:

hi jamie…can i know if 1 box misc en scene hair dye enough for a long and tick hair? cause usually i need 2 box for the other brand~~ >.<

Sehee Reply:

The instructions recommend using 1.5 – 2 boxes for hair that is around chest length (1 for shoulder length and 2/3 for very short hair). So you should probably use two of this product, as well ^^

yup yup. but I always use 1 box since all I need to do is touch up and blend it in with my previous dye. even if the colour’s a little different. it’s not enough to be frank since my hair is so darn long but touch up 1 box will do =).

3. Fiona says:

Do they have that in the Philippines?? XD

I don’t know =S. never been to the Philippines =S.

4. Im not korean says:

Hi jamie, I know this is not the place to ask this, but i do not have korean friends to ask or anyone who would know. I hope you could help. What PS clinics are popular among the locals? as i know most of the popular clinics have been marketed well overseas and might not be very good. Which would you recommend? πŸ˜€

err no idea @@. but u can head over to https://www.facebook.com/Kmeditour =). hope it helps.

5. jin says:

You are very pretty & skinny I’m jealous! But I just ordered vanilla gold color I liked the color and hopefully the color will look good on me too but I have darker skin. For your pictures did you use any filters?

nope no filters! but the lighting might affect it though. I’m pretty average looking haha and no where near skinny! it’s all an illusion! angles. D=.

6. jieun says:

I have around chest length hair & its in layers . I have korean hair do you think 1 box is enough

1 box will be enough then ^^.

jen Reply:

What if to the length of your boobs will one be enough?

if its very layered and your hair volume isn’t a lot then 1 box will still be fine. if not you should use 2. =).

7. LAN says:

When your dying your hair does the whole process count for 30mins or after you are done getting all your hair do you wait 30mins

I wait for another 30minutes after getting my hair done. which is why I start with my roots then slowly working it back so the ones at my roots will stay around 10 minutes longer than the already dyed hair part

8. ujin says:

Since you dyed your hair alot don’t you start losing a lot of hair? I don’t dye it as much as you and I don’t put really any heat but I use this once after I started losing some hair and it’s been like a month and I’m still losing a lot of hair & I’m only like 15. I wanted to repurchase the same color and do it over so the hair color will come out more should i?

not really.. if you are so young you should not dye your hair so much. always wait for one month until you dye your hair again. I don’t dye my hair a lot. I do it once in 2-3 months. if you start having hair loss problems because of the product then you might have sensitive scalp and you might have to stop using these products.

9. faiza says:

hey @jamoe Liew can you please mention the number for faded mocha brown??

10. faiza says:

hey jamie please tell me is this dye permanent or temporary?? like will i get my original hair color back??

11. monique says:

Hey jamie! I’ve been eyeing this hairdye for a long time now. I just wanted to ask if you still remember what hair colour you used before you died it vanilla gold?? Please and thank you!

I can’t recall :/

12. Maddie says:

hiii! If you want a really dramatic and noticeable change, do you have to bleach it first? I really want the color to stand out, but i wonder what happens if you bleach your hair beforehand.

My hairs already quite damaged tho..

13. Han says:

hi !! πŸ™‚ My hair is naturally black and I’ve never dyed my hair and I want brown color but I don’t know if this product will give me the result I want I really like the vanila gold color and faded mocha brown color what do you recommend to me πŸ™ I really need your help

It worked for me and my hairs quite thick!

14. Ling says:

Hi have you tried the color khaki brown? How did it turn out? Have you got any photos in them?

I did! I can’t recall which Picture was it now but the colour was really nice. The colour fades really quickly tho πŸ™

15. Gerlie bonga says:

Hello i dyed my hair last month.. A miss en scene matte gold. I would like to change it into vanilla gold but im pretty scared if its turn out to be blond… The hair of my friends is much lighter just like yours. Its so good and its pretty…
    I hope you can help me…