woke up at 6 in the morning, got out on 730 and reached Dong Seoul Bus Terminal (Gangbyeon Subway Station) at 8 something. but took off later at 9am and reached there at 10 something~. there’s another way to get there by subway directly to Gapyeong and take either a bus or a taxi from there. taking the bus is errrrrr. a little bit more expensive but more comfortable seats =D. at Gangbyeon Station, you still have to take a cab or another bus to Nami Island. it’s okay to walk as well actually. =D. it’s just that as first timers you might not know the way so…. taking the taxi would cost about 3,000-4,000won. depending on the traffic actually.

IMG_7701 copy

on the Namimaid ferry. basically the only way you can get to Nami Island other than literally “flying” there via flying fox. which costs a bomb.

if you look Korean, or speak Korean make sure you bring your passport (or Alien Registration card) because foreigners get a 2,000won off! original price at 10,000won.

IMG_7711 copy

the Namimaid with the beautiful Autumn trees behind. and the other half bald. D=.

IMG_7714 copy

I came here a week late actually. like 50% of the trees are bald when I got there. but they differ according to the type of tree. so some trees might still be greenish if I was here last week. it’s hard to find a place with a row of trees which are all yellow/red.

IMG_7728 copy1 copy

red and yellow leaves. ahhh.

IMG_7748 copy

so here’s a treat for you girls. my ridiculously photogenic friend who’s only 19. I am jealous of all younger people.

IMG_7761 copy

teehee.

IMG_7768 copy

well I had a bet with Yie Chern (that photogenic friend of mine) that there will still be a lot on the trees and if they are all on the floor I will just take pictures with the floor.

IMG_7779 copy

ridiculously photogenic friend is ridiculously tall.

IMG_7798 copy

bugs alive!

IMG_7810 copy

the most famous two row of trees!

IMG_7816 copy

rather than taking pictures right in the middle, taking from the side looks good too!

IMG_7824 copy

my turn!

IMG_7825 copy

there was a girl who went in front of the little boy, pointed at his “thing” and screamed “OMMA!! GOCHUUUUUUU!!!” it literally means “mom!! chilli!!” you get the picture right? heheheheheh.

IMG_7870 copy

each time I come here I forget to bring food and picnic-ky stuff here. sigh. look super fun no?

IMG_7893 copy

probably the most good looking Malaysian student here. either that or I have awesome skills in making people look good in pictures.

IMG_7900 copy

one of the best not-so-natural views in Nami Island. here, or

IMG_7903 copy

here. love that soju bottle bridge! =3.

IMG_7910 copy

awesome Autumn tree is awesome.

IMG_7924 copy

oh right, you can find hearts everywhere. literally EVERYWHERE. it’s the island for lovers. no kidding. so never ever come here alone.

IMG_7929 copy

this place was FABULOUSLY perfect a week ago. just imagine the leaves on the floor on the trees. =P.

IMG_7976 copy

envy anybody who can jump. because, I can’t. took a personal “lesson” from SmashpOp but he said it couldn’t be helped. =S.

IMG_7960 copy

yeah so no choice but to take pictures with the leaves on the floor U_U.

IMG_7946 copy

oh right, there are a lot of bikes for rent. those for you to stand on, and even bikes with a track on the sky. when you go there you’d know.

IMG_8010 copy

JOON SANG IS MINEEEEEEEEEEEE =3. not like I like him actually =S.

IMG_8042 copy

I am 169cm and was wearing heels but I still feel short. U_U.

IMG_8074 copy

a friend once told me to not smile with teeth because I have ugly teeth U_U.

IMG_8095 copy

awesumhhh background U_U.

IMG_8118 copy

this place was so pretty I didn’t want to leave. it was near the hotel area.

IMG_8149 copy

the best souvenirs. freeeeeee souvenirs, leaves. ehehe. just bring a book and randomly slip them in the middle! =D.

IMG_8151 copy

=D.

IMG_8157 copy

soooooooooo much. I collected like 30 of them when I was here on a holiday last time haha.

IMG_8170 copy

camwhore with the leaves on floor phail.

IMG_8172 copy

BEAUUUUUUUUUUUTIFULLLLLLLLL PLACEEEEEEEEEE! absolutely like a dream. hurrrr. it’s nothing similar in Seoul. must go to the Shigols (country). it’s no doubt that Autumn is the most beautiful season to visit Korea.

IMG_8190 copy

there was some festival there. with concerts.

IMG_8194 copy

and traditional games for public to play (for freeeeee!)

IMG_8196 copy

and a place for you to cook your potatoes =3.

IMG_8200 copy

eating the famous Chuncheon Dalggalbi in Chuncheon itself! =D.

IMG_8203 copy

love ’em kimchi pots!

IMG_8204 copy

the title of this art is 의 모든 것 which translates to everything I have. don’t know why but I laughed seeing this =X.

IMG_8208 copy

ate the yummy dosirak (traditional lunch box) again! for directions, look for my Summer Nami Island post.

IMG_8216 copy

no doubt, the land of scribbling. haha.

IMG_8253 copy

there’s two tall towers there. one for bungee jumping, another for flying fox.

IMG_8266 copy1

okay bye!

23 thoughts on “Nami Island in Autumn 남이섬의 가을

1. Choi Yen says:

Those red & yellow leaves definitely make up the romantic ambiance!

2. Kelly says:

So pretty!!! Even during winter time, Nami Island is pretty!!! Seen it at Winter Sonata drama 🙂

3. Adlina says:

Really love your entry! Just a question. Did you go to Nami on the 14th? Because I was thinking of dropping by on the 6th or 7th of November this year and I’m hoping to see the trees with leaves and not bald.

hi! thanks! I went on the 10th =). but…. it was pretty bald T.T.. go there like end of oct or real early nov!!

4. suzanna faith says:

hi. i am gg this year in autumn, end oct.

may i know how do i get there? and how long does it take for me to go there from Seoul, to Nami Island, and back to Seoul again?

How to go there?

do u recommend half a day or??? just like 3 hrs trip?

thanks and hope to hear ur advise soon 🙂

I’ve blogged about it =). but the alternative is to take the subway/ITX (seated train) to Gapyeong and take a taxi from there =). and the same way to get back. taxi and subway. you would most likely spend 3-4 hours there. and it takes about 1.5-2 hours to get there.

5. Buddy says:

Hi Jamie. I am planning to visit Nami 5th Nov to 9 th Nov 2013. Do you think the fall foliage is still as beautiful as your photographes. Thx

yes it will be perfect =). go as early as possible though.

6. Subbu says:

Hi Jamie,

I am planning to visit Nami island on 24th or 25th Oct 2013. Would i be able to see the autumn foliage that time? Thanks.

7. Nabila says:

So u went there on November 2012? Does the peak autumn in 2013 also in early nov? Or later on mid nov? Cause I planning to go to nami around mid nov this year.. Idk whether the foliage comes later per year or vice versa? Thanks Jamie 😀

normally early nov to be safe =).

8. Nabila says:

But it’s mid test time 🙁 I think that the end of oct then? Thanks anyway :))

end of oct should be fine too!

9. Hazel says:

Hi Jamie

isnt possible to request the itinerary of your korea trip ?? cuz i m planning of backpack during autumn time .. might afraid to miss the maple leaves season too ..

tqtq ^^

I wrote about it and it is on my Korea page. check it out!

10. dipen says:

thanks for ur information, one more question, is there any hotel to stay there and how much it cost it? i really want to spent one night there.

there is. they are pretty pricey but I guess you can get it for around 100,000won.

11. Raymond says:

hi, im from indonesia…i really like your blog 🙂 very inspiring

12. joanna says:

hey jamie, im going nami on the early of sept. will i see any maple leaves? 🙁

unfortunately no =(. they will only be present end of Oct =S.

13. Beautrice says:

Hi Jamie,

I will be visiting nami island on 19th Oct.
    What colour of fall will be on that period?
    Or will it be beautiful that period?

Thanks!

14. hai.. greetings from Malaysia =)

nice to finally found ur entries.. i like them so much.. gonna get some tips from ur entries..

15. Mye says:

We are scheduled to travel in Seoul on Nov 2,2016. Do you think the leaves are all golden brown or all
    Of them have fallen?