just in case you’re not a follower of my blog, I am now in Korea for my language studies.

the plane landed 5minutes earlier but then the immigration was taking such a long time so I missed the last bus to take to my friends place (they usually have bus till late for places like Myeongdong). I sneaked 8kg (oh well laptop doesn’t count as a baggage for AirAsiaX apparently) and my shoulders are aching even until now T____________T. 3 baggage handcarry and 3 checked in. if I were to total everything up it would be more than 50kg. no kidding. but I’m here for my studies! no choice. the other choices would be expensive. I have a friend’s friend whose bag is so heavy she brought her mom with her so that she can have extra weight and it’s cheaper like that haha.

Picture 955 copy

HII!! from the first day in Seoul. today’s my 2nd. but my friend said it’s 3rd. BUT I LANDED LATE!

Picture 933 copy

this was when I first landed. my friend’s mom already prepared delicious dishes prior to my arrival. but since the immigration was treating me bad and I couldn’t catch a bus, I arrived at her home at 1am. felt so bad because she had work =/. but really, korean home cooked food is JJANG!!!

Picture 932 copy

she even made some chinese pork stew! was so surprised to find Malaysian food here hahah. it tastes a little like bakuteh!

right, using your chopsticks and spoon at the same time is considered rude. not sure why but just remember that when you visit Korea =P.

Picture 934 copy

her pomeranians. oh my. super active these kids.

Picture 945 copy

we have a SEOUL NATIONAL MUSEUM VIEW!!

Picture 949 copy

this is where I live. basically I need to hike up to the top EVERYTIME I come home. it’s still exhausting for me (because I hadn’t exercised for the past year.) but I guess it can really train my stamina to climb up Halla-san! (the mountain in Jeju Island)

Picture 983 copy

it takes approximately 7minutes to reach my University’s main gate and another 7 to reach my classroom (Yonsei is HUGEEE). isn’t it pretty? can’t wait till spring comes and greens will cover the walls of that building.

Picture 994 copy

there is many reasons why you should get your passport photo taken in Korea. editing is totally legal (I think even IC’s because my friend’s IC look like him with plastic surgery hahahahahh!). but I mean, as long as your look is still there right?

Picture 997 copy

this bike has the swag. though I hate bikes but I won’t mind riding in this Burberry branded motorbike. =P.

Picture 973 copy

yesterday and today, the streets are filled with candies, chocolates, flowers and other sort of gifts because it’s WHITE DAY TODAY! only popular in Japan and Korea. the 7eleven here even wrote “사랑을 고백하세요!” which means “confess to the person you love!” hahahha. it’s actually a day when guys confess their love with these.. candies? to girls. basically it’s a Valentines day where guy’s repay the girls for the gifts they received during Valentines.

Picture 996 copy

so, HAPPY WHITE DAY!

was very bored today without an adapter and I just went and walked around looking for it. AND YES LAHHHHHHHHH. I found it. hence why I could blog. my laptop has the shortest battery life ever. like an hour + only. =S.

will update more! stay tuned =P.

49 thoughts on “I’VE ARRIVED IN KOREA!

1. benjaminvai says:

First one to comment on ur first blog post since u reach korea , good to see u healthy and happy 여동생 =)

lol since when do I have a brother hahahha. anyway I fell sick shall get some med later. =S..

2. Alex says:

I’ll definitely go Yonsei Univ and Ehwa too this coming April! 🙂 on a side note, what camera are u using for the pictures above?

yes you should they are beauuuutiful. reallly beautiful. my camera isnt on the market anymore it’s super old hahah it’s a canon 400D I personally think its better than any of the lower range cameras even until today =P.

3. belee says:

Was waiting for ur post! Glad everything went well. Jia you for school! ^^

belee Reply:

Hey ger u might b interested in this – http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/HD/event/enu_20120313/index.html

Kto looking for ppl to review korea performances! 🙂

hehe thank you! I guess I am not so interested in those shows ba I watched Nanta before already too hahahha. it’s more of a touristy thing I feel =P but thanks for telling me about it!

4. Jayren says:

Enjoy your stay at Korea yo ! Take care ya ! =D

I will thank you! hahahah but just fell sick fml.

Jayren Reply:

You are welcome ! Take care whey ! Drink more water and rest more , and remember to eat medicine ah ! =D

5. Da Feng says:

don’t forget to cook M’sia food for your friend’s family. all the best! take care 🙂

she’s half Malaysian so I think they can make more Malaysian food compared to me hahahahha =P.

6. enjoy staying in Korea and make the most out of it. Gonna enjoy future posts in your new temp home 😀

hahahah yeah please stay tuned!

7. Da Feng says:

Drink the hot beverage before go out. And apply the moisturiser lotion on your skin. After several weeks later, you might will fit in the cold weather outside. I had experience overseas during the winter.

koreans they allll drink cold water =S le sigh but they have ahumidifier. most of them. except me lol. several weels is too long. im already sick =S.

8. Yeeingng says:

Nice babe! Take care, have fun, and keep blogging! 🙂

thank you! shall keep you guys updated with my life here =P.

9. Da Feng says:

Hehehe. You’re lucky to have her. You can boil cold water. Your health is more important than Korean culture. Don’t let yourself sick again.

U_U. cough is hard to cute.. le sigh.

10. uf says:

yes lahhhh hahahaha

d floor got heating wan or not

no T__________T. fml. unfortunately.

11. natalie says:

welcome to Yonsei~~~~ =) have fun in KLI

12. martha says:

hi,

how long are u going to be in korea? can you tour me to yonsei? lolol. i’ll be going to korea for vacation 4 months from now:))

Natalie Reply:

Sure~ if u ever come to Yonsei , I can guide u around the campus 🙂

you need to guide me too hahaha. I have no idea where KLI is at. are you from KLI as well? ^^

Natalie Reply:

I’m a undergrad student, it’s my 4th year in Yonsei~ I was in KLI in year 2009 for two semesters.

wow that’s long! you must show me how to walk to KLI T_T. I live near the main gate =D.

natalie Reply:

when will your class begin? we can meet up perhaps before your class starts if u wanna look around first. actually, shuttle bus is available from the main gate to somewhere near KLI in the morning. u can take that one. =)

yeah I have heard about the shuttle bus!! but don’t know where to take it from. I havent registered for my alien card too T_T. do you think I should do it soon? the placement test is on this 28th! =D.

Natalie Reply:

Yeah~ u should get it as soon as possible. Try go to global lounge to look for Mr Kevin Son for more details or you just get it done by yourself at the immigration office.

went to the immigration today fuhhhhhhhh spent the whole day there! and can only get it like 20 days later T_T. and they took all my receipts and letter of acceptance =S.

13. martha says:

Hi natalie, thanks!

Jamie i can bribe you or natalie for FREE lunch lol. I just need a mini tour or meet at least someone who goes to school there coz i am travelling alone and my friend there is working all the time. I will be staying in sinchon. I will be in korea for two weeks in July and 2days in kuala lumpur. So yeah would like to meet any of you or both. Thanks! Here’s my email: mnacario@gmail.com

please do all lunches sound good to me =D. I live in sinchon too! it’s very convenient here but shopping gets boring alone T_T.

14. hanneebuff says:

wow! you’re now in Korea. I envy you. haha! I think what you’re experiencing is the last cold spell before spring comes right? Enjoy every minute of it.

Just curious, so you will only be taking language classes there? or regular classes too that will be included in your university coursework? I loved walking around Yonsei University when I went there. I went nuts over the super high tech library. hahaha!

I have no idea but it’s really really cold T_T. fully on language this year and then degree =D. yeah I heard about the dual screen computers hehehehe. haven’t been there yet!

15. jess says:

hi jamie! just wondering again, u are there as an exchange student? or u are there for university studies? thats so cool. i wonder if i ever have a chance to become an exchange student in a foreign country too.. omg 🙁

its more fun to have money here on a holiday rather than to study here. =D. I’m not an exchange student. =D. but yeah I guess it’s a good experience but it’s quite hectic also people here study day and night. =S.

jess Reply:

hmmm.. so u go to their university to study? the full 3 years or smthing? woah… tts really cool. i would totally want to experience smthing like tt too. did u find the uni urself & apply then go thr, or u went thru ur school or something to get linked up? also, dont mind if i ask for ur age? do they have a age limit or smthing?

I don’t think they have but students discriminate I heard. it perhaps isn’t as fun as you think it is I guess. there was a student who threw away her scholarship because of the age discrimination. and I don’t think that was the only case lol. and it’s very much like you study everyday and eat uni food because everythings so exp here =S. I still like it because I think it’ll make me stronger. but depends if you prefer the fast and stressful life or not. haha. im 19.

16. jess says:

i see… sounds like a harsh environment. definitely something that makes us stronger, but yup. its stressful. idk if im brave enough for it, but i guess i have alot to think. anw, good luck on your studies there! 🙂

I guess it’s definitely not easy living in this fast phased country but yeah, think about it! ^^ thanks!

jess Reply:

haha. totally understand what you mean. living in singapore myself… the people here… i cant say they’re nice too. guess it really depends, cause when i went to taiwan, the people there are super friendly. 🙂 oh wells! all the best 🙂

17. ouma says:

hi are you going to stay there after your graduation and work or comeback to your country? and are you working beside studying?(is it hard?) i might be bothering you with my questions.i love your your blog .thank you

18. Eliza says:

Jamie, may i know which visa to apply if i’m going to korea to study language and then the degree? i’ve read that there is D2 and D4.. im a bit confused.

d4 then d2. u can call and ask the embassy.

Eliza Reply:

Thank you!! ^^

Good luck in your exams! 🙂 and I think the uni I’m going to is quite near to yours 🙂

Kyunghee? ^^